About 100 volunteers came out on Saturday morning to help with the trash cleanup along Neabsco Creek, near Neabsco Eagles Park and Metz Wetlands. Over 230 bags of trash were gathered, mostly plastic bottles that had been carried into the flood plain by storm water during heavy rains. Other items collected during the cleanup were: 22 tires, four fire extinguishers, plastic buckets, and a plastic barrel.
We wish to acknowledge and thank all who participated or supported this event:
- the volunteers who came out with friends, family members or just by themselves to help with the cleanup.
- employees of Sev1Tech for their community service
- the Prince William County Service Authority for opening their facility which allows easier access to the cleanup area.
- PWC Public Works for hauling the trash away
- and the PW Soil & Water Conservation District for publicizing the event and providing supplies.